Auto Rescue Solutions built the Auto Rescue Solutions app as a Free app. This SERVICE is provided by Auto Rescue Solutions at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information Collection and Use
We collect information you provide directly to us when using the Services. For example, we collect information when you download our mobile application(s), register for our Services, sign up for an account, complete a form, participate in any interactive features of the Services, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may c ollect include your name, email address, mailing and billing address and payment information, and any other information you choose to provide. For purposes of registering and using the Services, we collect certain information that can identify you, such as your name and contact information (email, address and phone number) (“Personal Information”) and the specific service call such as a vehicle’s make, model, model year, license plate number and VIN number (“Vehicle Information”). We will never sell, rent, trade or use Personal Information or Vehicle Information other than as needed to provide the Services requested by you. Auto Rescue Solutions discloses Personal Information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know the information in order to process it on yours and our behalf, and (ii) that have agreed in writing to non-disclosure restrictions at least as strong as those herein. We also may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account. Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the Services, we may also ask for other information relevant to your use of the Services.
Auto Rescue Solutions uses GPS location-related information that you allow us to receive if you turn on the Location Services device setting. Your GPS location data may be used for purposes of dispatching, routing, and business analytics. This data may be stored according to the data retention policies outlined in this document and shared with business partners for dispatching and providing service information to roadside assistance customers.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third-party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile etwork information, and in limited cases what apps are installed on your mobile device.
In the course of using the Services, you may submit photos to Auto Rescue Solutions servers which may be stored according to the terms outlined in this document’s data retention policy. Media is shared with business partners for the purposes of roadside assistance service validation and as evidence in vehicular damage claims proceedings.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored in device memory that help us to improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you use the Services:
• Details of how you used and interacted with the Services, such as features you have interacted with.
• Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, device type, device language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
• Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your device type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track your movements around the Services and understand trends.
You acknowledge and agree that communications, including phone calls or “chat” services, with Auto Rescue Solutions or our third-party agents may be monitored, recorded and retained by Auto Rescue Solutions. You consent to the monitoring and recording of all conversations between you and Auto Rescue Solutions and you release us from and against any and all claims, liabilities and losses that may result from any such monitored and/or recorded conversations.
Use of Data
We may use information about you for various purposes, including the following:
• Provide, maintain, and improve the Services that you opt-in to receive, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Digital dispatching – direct and indirect integrations with motor clubs and insurers where your information is shared and job opportunities are provided, including, but not limited to,
• Information related to a particular job opportunity.
• Driver availability (i.e. is your driver available to work).
• Status events (i.e. your driver is en-route) and status times (i.e. time driver arrived on-scene).
• GPS / location data of driver before and during the various status events.
• Photos of an accident, incident and/or vehicle.
• Damage reports related to, and providing information about, the vehicle including license plates, vin numbers, service dates.
• Cancellations or changes to a job.
• Information related to the outcome and handling of a particular job.
• GPS and Maps – integrations with service providers allowing Auto Rescue Solutions to extract or receive real-time GPS coordinates for your driver who is using the Auto Rescue Solutions app. The location data is collected in a form that identifies your driver’s device and/or your driver’s vehicle. Also allows you to look up addresses, map calls, calculate mileage and track locations of drivers, customers and jobs. We do not specifically provide data to GPS companies, but our integration includes the two-way exchange of data.
• Administrative – integrations that allow you to connect to financial accounting software, generate invoices, rates, accounts, account balances, charts, etc.
• Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
• Verify your identity and, if applicable, authorization for you to use the Services ;
• Facilitate use of the Services;
• Manage your account and your preferences;
• To prevent or address service, security, technical issues at your request in connection with customer support matters
• Respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
• Send you technical notices and other administrative messages;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with roadside assistance and the Services;
• Conduct research, analysis, and surveys;
• Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Enforce our Terms;
• Link or combine with information we get from others in connection with the Services; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user of the Services. In other words, information about how you use the Services may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same Services, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting data.
Third Party Service Providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
• With third party affiliates, contractors, and other service providers in connection with providing the Services;
• With affiliates, contractors, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our Terms of Service or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of you, us, or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
• With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Services that certain information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide this information.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to their Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
• Google Play Services
• Google Analytics for Firebase
• Firebase Crashlytics
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. We work hard to protect your information and take appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from loss, unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure regardless of how or where it is stored. Our security practices include: encrypting many of our services using SSL; verification for account access; and frequent review of information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems. However, no internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. The Services are intended for users who are eighteen (18) years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
Data Retention Policy
Auto Rescue Solutions seeks to ensure that it retains only data necessary to effectively conduct its program activities and work in fulfilment of its mission. The need to retain data varies widely with the type of data and the purpose for which it was collected. Auto Rescue Solutions strives to ensure that data is only retained for the period necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and is fully deleted when no longer required. This policy sets forth Auto Rescue Solutions’s guidelines on data retention and is to be consistently applied throughout the organization.
This policy covers all data collected by Auto Rescue Solutions and stored on Auto Rescue Solutions owned or leased systems and media, regardless of location. It applies to both data collected and held electronically (including photographs, video and audio recordings) and data that is collected and held as hard copy or paper files. The need to retain certain information may be mandated by federal or local law, federal regulations and legitimate business purposes, as well as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Reasons for Data Retention
Auto Rescue Solutions retains only that data that is necessary to effectively conduct its program activities, fulfill its mission and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Reasons for data retention include:
• Providing an ongoing service to the data subject (e.g. sending a newsletter, publication or ongoing program updates to an individual, ongoing training or participation in Auto Rescue Solutions’s programs, processing of payments and other benefits)
• Compliance with applicable laws and regulations associated with financial and programmatic reporting by Auto Rescue Solutions to its funding agencies and other donors
• Compliance with applicable labor, tax and immigration laws
• Other regulatory requirements
• Security incident or other investigation
• Intellectual property preservation
Auto Rescue Solutions seeks to avoid duplication in data storage whenever possible, though there may be instances in which for programmatic or other business reasons it is necessary for data to be held in more than one place. This policy applies to all data in Auto Rescue Solutions’s possession, including duplicate copies of data.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period of time that is necessary to fulfil the original purposes for which it has been collected. Please keep in mind that, in certain cases, a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law or to allow us to pursue our business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreements or resolve any dispute
• Time needed to provide you with our Services.
• Whether your account with us is active. You may contact us to make your account inactive at any time.
• Legal, contractual, or similar obligations to retain your data, such as mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of contract or litigation.
Please note that we are not responsible for storing any information that you provide to us or for any content or information that we provide to you. You are solely responsible for retaining backup files of any information and content that you provide or receive in connection with the Services.
• App user data will be retained as long as necessary to provide the service requested/initiated through the Auto Rescue Solutions app.
• Contributor data will be retained for the year in which the individual has contributed and then for 5 years after the date of the last contribution. Financial information will not be retained longer than is necessary to process a single transaction.
• Event participant data will be retained for the period of the event, including any follow up activities, such as the distribution of reports, plus a period of 5 years;
• Program participant data (including sign in sheets) will be retained for the duration of the grant agreement that financed the program plus any additional time required under the terms of the grant agreement.
• Personal data of subgrantees, subcontractors and vendors will be kept for the duration of the contract or agreement.
• Contractor data will be held for the duration of contract and then 5 years after the last day of contract.
• Data associated with wages shall be held for the period of contract plus 5 years, with the exception of pension eligibility and retirement beneficiary data which shall be kept for 5 years.
• Recruitment data, including interview notes of unsuccessful applicants, will be held for 5 years after the closing of the position recruitment process.
• Consultant (both paid and pro bono) data will be held for the duration of the consulting contract plus 5 years after the end of the consultancy.
• Data associated with tax payments (including payroll, corporate and VAT) will be held for 5 years.
• Operational data related to program proposals, reporting and program management will be held for the period required by the Auto Rescue Solutions donor, but not more than 5 years.
Unless legal restrictions apply, you have the right to access the information we hold about you free of charge. You may update, correct or delete your information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. To avoid delays in obtaining your information, please provide sufficient detail to permit us to identify you and the specific information that you are requesting. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receipt, unless we inform you that it will take longer, as permitted by law under certain circumstances. Please note that there may be instances where access may be restricted as permitted or required by law. We will advise you of the reasons for restricting access subject to any legal or regulatory limitations. In addition, please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period. Please note that we are not responsible for storing any information that you provide to us or a third party or for any content or information that we or a third party provide to you. You are solely responsible for retaining backup files of any information and content that you provide or receive in connection with the Services.
Transfer of personal information & International visitors
We will retain your Personal Information for the period of time that is necessary to fulfil the original purposes for which it has been collected. Please keep in mind that, in certain cases, a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law or to allow us to pursue our business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreements or resolve any dispute.
You may contact us to make your account inactive at any time. Legal, contractual, or similar obligations to retain your data, such as mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of contract or litigation. Please note that we are not responsible for storing any information that you provide to us or for any content or information that we provide to you. You are solely responsible for retaining backup files of any information and content that you provide or receive in connection with the Services.
Data destruction ensures that Auto Rescue Solutions manages the data it controls and processes it in an efficient and responsible manner. When the retention period for the data as outlined above expires, Auto Rescue Solutions will actively destroy the data covered by this policy. If an individual believes that there exists a legitimate business reason why certain data should not be destroyed at the end of a retention period, he or she should identify this data to his/her supervisor and provide information as to why the data should not be destroyed. Any exceptions to this data retention policy must be approved by Auto Rescue Solutions’s data protection offer in consultation with legal counsel. In rare circumstances, a litigation hold may be issued by legal counsel prohibiting the destruction of certain documents. A litigation hold remains in effect until released by legal counsel and prohibits the destruction of data subject to the hold.
Secure data handling procedures
Auto Rescue Solutions may store personally identifiable information such as name and location on its servers for a duration of up to 5 years after the contract period has ended. Device location data may be shared with Auto Rescue Solutions business partners. Data may be deleted at the request of users.
Auto Rescue Solutions reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different than the uses described in this Policy without giving you an opportunity to opt out of such differing uses. Your continued use of the Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to review this Policy regularly.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auto Rescue Solutions shall comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Cal. Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (“CCPA”), which may be amended from time to time. Per the terms of the CCPA, Auto Rescue Solutions is a Service Provider and not a Third Party as described in the CCPA. Therefore, Auto Rescue Solutions shall not:
• Sell the Personal Information.
• Retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the Services or for a Business Purpose. Specifically, Company shall not retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for a Commercial Purpose.
• Retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information outside of the direct business relationship between Auto Rescue Solutions and its Users.
Notwithstanding anything in the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement or any related order form or other document, the parties acknowledge and agree that a User’s provision of Personal Information is not part of and explicitly excluded from the exchange of consideration, or any other thing of value, between the parties.
We will not discriminate against you because you elect to exercise any of the rights related to your Personal Information, including but not limited to:
• Denying you products or services;
• Charging you different prices or rates for Services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties on you;
• Providing a different level or quality of Services to you; or
• Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for Services or a different level or quality of Services.
This policy is effective as of 2020-01-01
Last updated 2023-04-17